The abuse or neglect of a loved one while they are in the care of a nursing home facility is a situation that should never occur. Unfortunately, it happens often and when such deplorable conduct has occurred, it is necessary to take legal actions in order to insure consequences and compensation form the entity responsible. Our attorneys’ knowledge, experience and professional acknowledgements within this practice area makes our firm a leader in handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases.
What is nursing home abuse?
Staying informed and alert is always the first step to detecting and helping a loved one or friend who is suffering from some form of abuse or neglect. Physical abuse in the form of bruises and battered markings can be easier to detect and confirm but neglect and emotional abuse can be more subtle and harder to recognize. Neglect often manifests and is recognized through unconventional medical problems such as bed sores, dehydration, over medication, and many others. We handle all types of nursing home litigation, namely when an elderly or dependent adult in a care facility experiences:
Taking Legal Actions if you Suspect Abuse or Neglect
When your loved one, friend, or family member has been neglected or abused inside a nursing home or care facility, legal action may be necessary to correct the organization’s behavior and earn due compensation. If you believe your loved has been a victim of such abuse or neglect, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our attorneys provide free, no-obligation case consultations that can be done over the phone. To set up a consultation evaluation with one of our attorneys, please call (858) 350-8855 or complete our case questionnaire.
Attorney William Berman was responsible for obtaining one of the largest settlements ever reported against a residential care facility for the elderly in the State of California. William Berman has grown to be recognized as one of the top attorneys when it comes to handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases California. Listed below are just a few of the elder care facilities Mr. Berman has represented clients in abuse or neglect cases against:
|Villa Rancho Bernardo Skilled Nursing Facility
||Sun Mar Healthcare
|Country Hills Health Care
||Country Hills Health Care, Inc.
|Highland Healthcare Center
||Plum Healthcare Group, LLC
|La Paloma Healthcare Center
||Plum Healthcare Goup, LLC
|Los Angeles Good Samaritan Hospital
||Hospital of The Good Samaritan
|Robert H. Ballard Rehabilitation Hospital
|Upland Convalescent Hospital
||Upland Convalescent Hospital
|Sterling Commons Alzheimers Residents
||Koelsch Senior Communities, LLC
|Robert H. Ballard Rehabilitation Center
|Premier Care Center for Palm Springs
||The Ensign Group, LLC
Helpful Links, Resources, & Information
- Berman Lawyers Resource Center Learn more about the different signs to watch for to determine if a loved one is being abused, how to report elder abuse, and many more helpful articles listed below and found in our Resource Center.
- Common Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Learn how nursing home abuse and neglect may manifest itself in your family-member or loved one. Medication errors, malnutrition, and unaddressed infections are just some of the outward signs of abuse and neglect.
- Legal Definitions of Nursing Home Abuse in the State of California Learn about what actions constitute nursing home abuse or neglect, including physical, mental, emotional, financial, and other forms of neglect and abuse.
- Nursing Home Care Facilities Review the different types of nursing home and elder care facilities and what legal options are available for a specific facility. This resource also provides a variety of tactics to research a facilities history and previous citations issued against the facility.
- Previous Case Results See verdicts and settlements our law firm has achieved with various Nursing Home and Elder Care facilities.
We Handle Nursing Home Abuse Cases Throughout California
The main offices of Berman & Riedel, LLP, is located in San Diego but our firm in not limited to the San Diego and North County areas. We handle abuse and neglect cases involving Nursing Homes and similar elder care facilities throughout all of California, including these regions: